Monday, September 14, 2009

Return of Tosha

On July 4, of this year, we woke up to find Fiesty, one of our two box turtles, wandering around the driveway.  The two turtles had made their escape from their outdoor cage.  For weeks, we searched for Tosha with no sign of her anywhere.  Well, believe it or not, today, two and a half months later, during the rainstorm, we stepped outside to put some toys away and who did we find crawling across our back drive way?  That's right, Tosha.  We're very glad that she decided to make her way back--or at least make herself visable.  She is now inside the house in her cage, very lethargic, and upset to be confined to her 3 sq. ft. of living space again.  But all the kids were excited to see her again and recognized her right away.  Fiesty will be reunited with his friend later this week.
This picture was taken before the jail-break.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Yay-I am glad she came back home!!

Kathy said...

Wow!! Welcome Home, Baby!! I can't believe she came back. I'll bet she's been hiding in the yard somewhere...probably under the deck!! Amazing. Glad she's back. I can't believe you didn't call me right away with the news.

Brooke Anderson said...

Fantastic! I worried about poor Tasha. I am glad she came back! Rainey days are good for more things than making the world smell delightful.