Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Holdin' on to Summer

Today we went to the park for a picnic and got super hot.  When we got home, we made Kool-Aid and put it in our ice cream maker and 15 minutes later we had slushies!!!  The kids took their slushies outside and then hopped into the empty kiddy pool to relax.  We are so glad that the weather is still nice and that we can enjoy all the perks of summer!
Mabel didn't take a nap today, which is kinda fun, because we get to do all kinds of girly things.  We put together princess puzzles, cleaned the kitchen, plucked mommy's eyebrows, and gave ourselves pedicures.

1 comment:

Parker Family said...

What a fun mom you are! I didn't know Ice Cream makers could make slushy. I can't wait for summer to be over so I can play outside. I am surprised when I hear mom's say they enjoy when their children stop taking naps. I wanted to cry when Gavin stopped.