We are the proud to announce the birth of our 4th child, Alexander Edmund Burst. He was born Wednesday afternoon at 1:29 p.m.
He weighed in the same as Max did at 7 lbs. 5 oz. and was 19.5 inches long.
They started the pitocin around 9:30 a.m. I labored until 1:00 p.m. and only progressed to 3 cm. I became very discouraged and considered the epidural. At 1:00, they broke my water and things happened very quickly. I always thought that women who screamed during child birth was just something funny that happened in tv and movies, however, I testify that it can happen very unexpectedly when it hurts bad enough!
The first day of recovery was definitely much harder this time around, but I feel much better now.
I think the biggest surprise is that Alex has light brown hair....all the other kids had very dark hair.
My parents came up to watch the kids for us for a few days while we were in the hospital. It was such a relief to know that they were all being taken care of.
The kids absolutely LOVE Alex. Max feels that it is his main duty to "tiss (kiss)" Alex ALL the time!!! Even Sam will sneak kisses from Alex before he leaves the room and Mabel is a fabulous helper!
I feel so blessed to have four beautiful, healthy children. People often tell me that I have my hands full, but I definitely feel like my heart is much more full.





10 comments:
Alex is so perfect and looks just like Ashlee. It was such a delight to hold your sweet little one. I love the spirit a new baby brings to the home. Congratulations, Nick and Ash.
Love-Erica
Erica's comment sounded so girly, that I wanted to post my own. I like to give kids nick-names, so I shall call little Alex, Alexander the Great.
We had a great time chatting with you on Saturday and holding Mr. Great. It's very exciting being an uncle again. Congratulations, Ash and Nick.
Ryan
He is so cute!!! I am so happy for you guys! I definitely need to make it over there so I can say hi to the little guy!
Congrats on the little guy!!! Love the name!!!
so cute!!
Dad and I loved spending a few days with all the little Burst kiddies, and meeting our new little grandson. Hope all is running smoothly and that he's a very good baby. We love ya'll very much! And just for the record, little Alex is even cuter in person....wow, how can that be?? Nick and Ash, you have good reason to feel very proud.
Such a good lookin' little family. Hope all is gong well in our busy household. Congratulations to all.
Congradulations how lucky to have another little guy in the family.
He is so gorgeous! Congratulations again!
Well, Zion is surely growing. Congrats, and thanks for letting Mom and me help out a little.
Dad
Post a Comment