Friday, April 2, 2010

Suits and Scribbles

Since Nick was put in the bishopric in January, he's been getting by with one old mission suit and one nice suit.  We decided that he probably needed a new suit.  We've been waiting for a sale and Mr. Mac came through with their buy one for $249, get one for $1 sale.  So Nick got two new suits!
He picked out the suits without me a few weeks ago, so when we picked them up yesterday, I of course needed a fashion show.  Here's his gray suit, above.
And here's his brown suit.  He really likes his suits and I think he'll get a lot of good use out of them.  While he was trying them on, a friend of the salesman came in and started talking and said to Nick, "You look like a  future missionary."  After finding out that Nick was in a bishopric and had 3.5 kids, the guy was a little embarrassed.  I can't blame him though, Nick does look young!

Mabel loves coloring and writing lately.  She is getting so good with her alphabet that it surprises Nick and I and how well she is writing already.

Mabel did this worksheet all by herself.  I had to help her with the "J" a little, but she did the rest all by herself. 

Sam colored this worksheet, but then I told Mabel to write the word "like" on each line.  I helped her with the first one, but she did the rest by herself.  My mom is a first grade teacher and gives us some extra copies of worksheets that she has left over to my kids and they love to color them.  I'm surprised that Mabel is actually completing the worksheets. 

2 comments:

airbearmel said...

Hey Nick,
you are really "stylin". Looking cool in those new duds.

Mabel, way to go. That is really good writin'.

How old do you say you are? Lots of children can't write that well in first grade. We are so proud of you!!

Kathy said...

Wow Mabes! What nice writing! You'll certainly be ready for school when that day comes. I'm glad you're putting my worksheets to good use.

Love the new suits....very nice!!