Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Happy Birthday Mabel

Well, it's official. Mabel is now three years old. On Sunday she got a little bag of candy and they sang "Happy Birthday" to her at nursery. She was so excited she told us about it seven or eight times in the short drive home.

Mabel helped make her birthday cake and had the most fun licking the spatula.

We went to Chick-fil-A for dinner. It was family night so they had crafts and face painting. Mabel got her face painted as a princess. She loved playing in the playland after dinner.
After dinner, we took the kids to PetSmart and got Mabel three gold fish for her birthday and fish food. She's already named two of her fish, Nemo and Flounder (from the Little Mermaid). She still has yet to name the third fish. Nick and I are making bets on their life expectancy.

We then opened presents and she enjoyed playing with her Sleeping Beauty doll the most.

And for the crowning glory, here's her cake. We've been talking about her "princess castle birthday cake" for about a month. It has been so fun to watch her eyes light up and a smile come to her face every time we talk about it. Today when she saw her cake she said it was "beautiful". The ironic part is that I think I had more fun for Mabel's birthday than she did!


5 comments:

airbearmel said...

Happy Birthday!!!!

Three years old already. My how time flies. Wish I was there to give you a birthday airplane ride. That would be awesome. What a fun cake and three goldfish. Wow what fun.

What a beautiful little girl you are.

Ashlee, what a great cake you and Mabel made. Mom and I really enjoyed how you showed the fun time.

Love,

Bad Bear

Kathy said...

Hi Mabes. Happy Birthday!!! We love you so much. You're getting to be such a big girl now....3 yesrs old. I can't wait to celebrate with you next week.

What a neat cake!! Ash, did you and Mabel really do that cake? It's awesome!! How fun!

Sounds like you had a great celebration....sooooo fun!

Looking forward to seeing you really soon...can't wait.

Love, Mom & Grandma

Parker Family said...

Wow what a party. I love the cake it is beautiful.

Erica said...

Wow Ashlee that cake is gorgeous! You are good at decorating. It sounds like you guys had fun. I can't believe Mabel is that old already!

Anonymous said...

what a princess cake for a beatutiful princess!