Monday, December 12, 2011

Christmas Preparations

Let the fun begin!  When Thanksgiving ended, the kids' #1 question was "How much longer til Christmas?"  We have our advent calendar and a chain to count down, but the excitement is definitely in the air so it's important to keep them busy.  Last week for FHE, we decorated our gingerbread house kit. 

After we decorated it, we put it in the front room for display.  I've noticed that ever so slowly, but surely, the candy keeps disappearing!

Even though the kids love looking through new ads that come in the mail, I really don't like it.  Santa letters have been sent and Santa's running out of time for last minute ideas.  I'm glad to say that everything is wrapped and waiting to be delivered around our house...and it better stay that way!

We went to Kristen's house on Saturday morning to make our family's traditional marshmallow/carmel/krispie balls.  The kids really liked helping out.


I've tried to get a picture of everyone in front of the Christmas tree for two weeks now, and thanks to Alex, this is the best we could up with.





Last night, we went to Temple square with Kristen to see the lights.  It was fun, but the kids got cold.  FYI--Sam's big coat was in the van, but he refused to wear it.  After we got home, I told the kids they could either have a cup of hot chocolate or a nice, warm bath.  They all wanted the bath!   They must take after their mother!

We hope to enjoy a few more fun Christmas things and post them later!

1 comment:

Jalean said...

It's fun to see how you are celebrating. Kis make Christmas so exciting. Have a great holiday1