Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Fall Colors

On Sunday, we invited ourselves over to Kristen's for dinner and a hike around Muller Park.  The colors were just changing and it was fun to get out into the crisp fall air.



Sugar had a great time.  She was so excited to smell everything and see all the other dogs along the trail.


The difference between girls and boys:  Girls will stop for a picture moment.

Boys are too busy being boys to stop for anything.

There is a funny story behind this picture.  Kristen had the dog by the leash and we stopped to take a photo, just as Nick snapped the picture, the leash got away from Kristen's hand.  She was worried that the dog was going to run away.  Perfect timing if I ever saw it.

I try to be domestic sometimes, but it usually stresses me out.  Well, tonight was perfect.  I made these little fruit bowls out of an orange for each of the kids.  The kids played perfectly while I made them (no stress there) and then when I actually put them on their plates, they were so excited (big payoff there!).  Mabel was just adorable about the whole thing and the boys were even excited.  I filled them up with grapes and strawberries and orange bits.  After putting work into something like that, I made them save them for a repeat performance tomorrow night!


1 comment:

The KGB Family said...

fun stuff- I love fall colors and am hoping to get pictures this weekend. The oranges are great and I would totally use them again.