Thursday, April 23, 2009

Ice Cream Bar Bandit

I bought some cute ice cream bar minis called Sammies this week. I gave Mabel and Sam one yesterday for lunch. Later, I put them down for a nap. Mabel didn't want to take a nap yesterday so I played with her and finally started to watch cartoons with her. I was so tired that I accidentally fell asleep during the cartoon. When I woke up, Mabel had ice cream bar around her mouth. I thought to myself, "I could have sworn that I washed her face after lunch."
Sam woke up from his nap and they played together while I ran downstairs to change the laundry. When I returned Mabel had an ice cream bar at the kitchen table that she was getting ready to share with Sam. I couldn't believe my eyes. I took the ice cream bar away, wrapped it up and put it away. I began to count how many were left and discovered that one was missing. In the garbage was the wrapper. I asked Mabel if she ate one earlier and she said yes.
This morning after our tea party, I was coaxing Mabel to come downstairs to watch Thomas the Train while I did my morning exercises. I went down and told her to clean up the tea party. I was on the bike for two minutes and she still hadn't come down, so I ran up to check on her. She had put away her tea set, but also had an ice cream bar in her hand. I let her eat it, but made her come down stairs.
After exercising, I went upstairs to freshen up. When I went downstairs to check on them, Mabel and Sam were sitting on the love seat sharing another ice cream bar!!! I have since hid the ice cream bars deep into the freezer in hopes to throw off our little thief. But I have a feeling if she loves ice cream as much as I do, that won't stop her!

5 comments:

Kristen said...

Mable knows what the good stuff is!! Any Anderson/Burst needs their Ice Cream! Last week I had to have me some Ice cream not just once but twice!

Kathy said...

Wow, she's pullin' a Tido trick. Just wait til she starts breaking the lock on the freezer....we had a lock and locked them up, but that didn't stop our little thief.

Funny, funny!

Parker Family said...

That is funny!

Jalean said...

Well, at least she was honest when you asked her if she ate one, and she was willing to share with Sam. Those are two great qualities - honesty and a sharing heart!

Alyssa said...

You always have the best stories! You are such a great mom. I just love reading about all that you are doing with your kids. :)