Several months ago, I had the idea to move Mabel to her own room. That started a chain reaction, we now have a remodeled master bath and two newly painted and decorated kid bedrooms. It has been a long project that has kept me busy from May until now. But since Friday, the kids are finally in their "new" bedrooms and love them more than I was expecting! I guess a little change is always a fun thing.
Mabel's door
We moved Mabel into the small room and Alex will be her roommate for about another year (until he graduates from the crib). She picked her wall color, pink. We still have some decorating to do with shelves. The rocking chair gets to stay until Alex is weaned (another month or so).
We painted the boys room gray with a blue accent wall....we've never been so bold and it's kinda fun! Thanks a bunch to Kristen who helped me finish painting this weekend.
We still have decorating to do in here as well such as curtains and other wall decor, but you get the jist. We debunked the beds until Alex moves in and we need three beds in the room again.
The best part is watching the kids have so much fun in their new rooms. They love to jump and play and it makes it all worth every grumble and mumble I had in the process.
Another great part is that it has forced me to organize a ton of stuff. We've got a big pile waiting to go to the D.I. The only bad part is that I still have three more rooms to organize!





4 comments:
Nice changes! I like what you've done, and it appears that the kids do too! Great job!
Looks really fun and new! Glad everyone is loving it. Your kids are growing up so fast.
The rooms looks great. Not something I am very good at. Looks like the kids like it.
Awesome! Change can be fun! I love what you did with the rooms and the kids reactions are so fun! I am doing some of my own organizing....I have closets in addition to rooms, but I am making progress one room or closet at at time :)!
Post a Comment