In October, I noticed a small lump in front of Mabel's ear. It popped liked a pimple and we forgot about it for a while. In December, it began to grow bigger and bigger and turned purple. In February we finally took her to an ENT to have it checked. After a CT scan, they decided that it needed to be surgically removed. She was scheduled to have it removed last Friday, but last Wednesday night it finally popped and drained on it's own, but there was obviously something still in there. So to give it a chance to heal, they postponed the surgery until today.
Mabel doing princess puzzles while she waits for surgery.
The surgery went really well and we should know what it was after the pathology report comes in next week. She's only a few hours post-surgery now, but I'm so glad that it is over now.
Mabel has to wear a big compression bandage until tomorrow. She looks pretty funny with it on because it pushes her eyes down and makes her look mad or tired.
Mabel could take a comfort toy and she chose a doll that I got for Christmas when I was one year old. I was a bit surprised that this is the one she wanted to take, but she did and the nurses wrapped her doll with a compression bandage as well.





5 comments:
We are glad to hear that everything went well. Good job Mabel- you are so brave. We hope the recovery is quick.
Glad all went well. Home the recovery is uneventful.
We're happy that everything went well. Get well soon!
We love you.
Hope she feels all back to normal really soon. Our prayers have been for all of you. You were really brave little Mabes.
Surgery is so scary but glad it went good.
Post a Comment