Sunday, May 9, 2010

The Great Bug Hunt

After a great mother's day with the cutest kids in world, we decided to take the kids out on a bug hunt!  We went out and found some grassy fields to find the finest bugs that West Valley has to offer. 
We found three Box Elder bugs, three may flies, a bunch of small worm-looking things, and one lady bug.
Max and Sam found a Box Elder bug crawling through the grass.
We crossed the train tracks in our grand adventure.

Several times throughout the day, I just stopped and looked into the faces of the three cutest kids in the world and realized that I was luckiest Mom ever.  Nick didn't have his usual meeting this morning so he fixed a nice french toast breakfast.  We then went to church and I was greeted with the biggest loot give-away that I have ever seen any ward give away.  We got a live flower from the Sunday School, a nice boxed homemade cinnamon roll from the Young Women, a wooden flower from a nice woodworker in the ward, two mugs filled with candy from Sam and Max in the nursery, and a heart pillow with Mabel's hand print from the Sunbeams.  This afternoon, Nick made a nice dinner of marinated chicken and corn-on-the-cob.  It was all topped off with a great bug hunt and strawberry short cake for dessert.  I couldn't have asked for a better mother's day.  The kids are all at such cute stages right now and it is super fun to see their excitement for life.

3 comments:

Erica said...

You do have some pretty darn cute kids!!! You did get a lot of neat stuff.

Kristen said...

Yah you have cute kids. Wow WV knows how to treat their Moms' I am glad you had a good Mothers Day!

Kathy said...

Isn't it just soooo fun to do things with kids. When it's new and exciting for them, it makes life so much more fun to experience for the adults in the picture. I know exactly what you're talkin' about.

I'm going to try really hard not to repeat the obvious....you know, that thing about the cutest kids in the world.....yes they are!!