Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Privacy: a rare find

Since Mabel started potty training, she's also been very discrete and private. With two brothers around and parents who don't completely trust her alone in a bathroom, it's very hard for Mabel to get any privacy, so this is her best solution.

Mabel still isn't completely potty trained, but she's getting closer. Some weeks she only has 1-2 accidents all week and then just recently she's completely reverted and has accidents nearly 3-4 times a day. It has been a very frustrating roller coaster with her. We've been potty training for well over a year now and we're just waiting for something magical to happen, but we're loosing faith in the potty fairy.

4 comments:

Erica said...

Way to go Mabel. That is so cute and ingenious!! It was a lot of fun to see you the other day and see your cute kids!! (sam didn't cry because of me once!!)

Parker Family said...

Good job Mabel. She is so smart.

I have come to my own conclusion that kids will potty train at 3 no matter when you start. I am not going to start Brody until he is 3 and see how long it takes him I am hoping only a week instead of a year like Gavin.

Denice said...

I love how Sam is still standing there wanting to see! :) Hang in there...I'm sure in time it will happen!

culley said...

I potty trained Ty and Emi at the same time (insane)... we never let them have privacy in the bathroom. Why? I have lost a lot of rolls of toilet paper. The best was Drew and Ty wetting tp and throwing it at the mirror,walls and everything else in the bathroom they discovered that it sticks. It just goes to show it doesn't matter the age there is always more fun in numbers when your in the bathroom. I love the shower curtain idea!