Saturday, July 7, 2012

Eyes to the Sky

Since Mabel had spent the previous week in Salina, I had to go pick her up.  And since my mom teaches school and is out for the summer, I decided to go and spend a week in Salina.  We had a great time.  I had a very relaxing time.  We went four-wheeling, went out to dinner, watched Brave, had hotdog and smore roasts, and enjoyed the hot air balloon festival.

They launched the balloons on Friday and Saturday and we went to both launches.


Smokey the Bear

After watching the launch, we headed back to Salina, but was detoured to Redmond because of road construction.  We ended up following the balloons in their flight (very cool).  We stopped at the Redmond airport for an airplane ride in my dad's plane and got there just as the hot air balloons were landing.  My dad helped 3-4 of them land.

Taking an airplane ride.

Hopper the Frog was going on Saturday morning.


During the Saturday festivities, Scales and Tales came and did a great presentation.  The only bad part is that it was near 100 degrees on the hot asphalt road.....very HOT!



Saturday night  the balloon glow lined main street.

And I think we tuckered out the kids with all the early morning and late nights.  We had a great time in Salina.  Thanks, Mom and Dad for all the fun, love and support.  We love you guys!

No comments: