This post is mostly about random things because there is nothing really note worthy to post about, but if I put it all together, then you'll get a good idea of what we've been up to. Nick gave me a new faucet for Christmas. I guess if I can't get a new kitchen, at least I can get parts of new kitchen!! I thought it was really cute that the boys had to help out, too.
What do you do with a two year old? Build a bug/dinosaur parade with their toys! It was a great way to spend an hour.
When Erica called back with the dosing instructions, she asked if we had eaten any peanut butter, because even peanuts touching an infant's skin could cause hives. In fact for dinner we had peanut butter on celery sticks and a few pistachios. When I went to pick him up from a nap, I hadn't washed my hands and started wiping his tears with my fingers. We gave him the benedryl and within 20 minutes he was much, much better. That night, I took another picture while he was sleeping and the hives went away, but his right eye was still a little red.
Supposedly, nuts can do this to infants even if they aren't allergic to nuts, but I am going to be really careful introducing new food into his diet.





2 comments:
Poor Alex! That pic of him is so sad! I had know idea that you can just touch nuts and it could do that to a baby.
Poor little guy. I'm glad he's doing better. He looked miserable in that photo.
Post a Comment