Monday, September 15, 2008

The Everyday

Here's Max at 7 weeks of age. He's cute and looks a lot like me. He weighs approximately 12.5 pounds. I think it is funny that people always make the following two comments with Mabel and now with Max. "Oh, she's/he's a chubby baby." "Ashlee, she/he looks just like you." I know that these comments weren't meant that way, but it sure makes me laugh.

The kids are doing well. Today we went on a walk to the bank, went to Michael's craft store, ate lunch, cleaned the strollers, and I chatted with the neighbor while Mabel and Sam played with the hose. The kids are napping now, so I have a chance to pay a few bills, blog, and fold some laundry.

I'm throwing a baby shower with a friend for someone in the ward this week. I'm making a salad and some sugar cookies in the shape of little hands and feet. I'm looking forward to it.

Our diets are going pretty well.....Nick has lost about 8 pounds and is noticing that his pants fit better. I have lost 15 pounds and am still about 10 pounds away from my jeans fitting again! We are running between 1.5-2.-5 miles about 4 times a week and would both like to do a 5K sometime this fall. I've been running with a friend lately which motivates to run faster and we can still get in some good conversation when we catch our breath.

4 comments:

Kathy said...

He keeps getting cuter all the time. This is a very cute pix of my little guy. Who said Max is chubby....he's just plain cute. This pix is also going on my blog....Love, MOM

Parker Family said...

That is funny that you said that we get the same thing. But ours is Gavin is so skinny looks like Chris and Brody is chubby he looks like you. I can't believe you have lost so much weight that is wonderful. I was going to ask how you did it but then saw you like to run. I do not like to run so I have to think of different ways to lose the extra weight.

Max is so cute.

Denice said...

You amaze me...I can't run worth beans! Keep it up!!

There is nothing cuter in this world than a chubby baby.

codymegan said...

I LOVE this picture. It's absolutely darling!